OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple¶
OpenFaaS (Functions as a Service) is a framework for building serverless functions with Docker and Kubernetes which has first class support for metrics. Any process can be packaged as a function enabling you to consume a range of web events without repetitive boiler-plate coding.
- Ease of use through UI portal and one-click install
- Write functions in any language for Linux or Windows and package in Docker/OCI image format
- Portable - runs on existing hardware or public/private cloud - Kubernetes and Docker Swarm native
- CLI available with YAML format for templating and defining functions
- Auto-scales as demand increases
Get started with OpenFaaS¶
Pictured: API gateway portal - designed for ease of use
Get started with one of our deployment guides for Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
TechFieldDay presentation (Dockercon EU)¶
15 minute overview with demos on Kubernetes and with Alexa - HD YouTube video
SkillsMatter video presentation¶
Great overview of OpenFaaS features, users and roadmap
OpenFaaS presents to CNCF Serverless workgroup¶
Closing Keynote at Dockercon 2017¶
Functions as a Service or FaaS was a winner in the Cool Hacks contest for Dockercon 2017.
If you'd like to find the functions I used in the demos head over to the faas-dockercon repository.
This is my original blog post on FaaS from January: Functions as a Service blog post
OpenFaaS has a thriving community of Open Source contributors and users.
- Find out more on the community page
Have you written a blog about OpenFaaS? Send a Pull Request to the community page below.
OpenFaaS is written in Golang and is MIT licensed - contributions are welcomed whether that means providing feedback, testing existing and new feature or hacking on the source.
- View the contributing page
Example of a Grafana dashboards linked to OpenFaaS showing auto-scaling live in action: here
An alternative community dashboard is available here