OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple¶
OpenFaaS® makes it easy for developers to deploy event-driven functions and microservices to Kubernetes without repetitive, boiler-plate coding. Package your code or an existing binary in a Docker image to get a highly scalable endpoint with auto-scaling and metrics.
- Open source functions framework - run it on any cloud without fear of lock-in
- Write functions in any language and package them in Docker/OCI-format containers
- Easy to use - built-in UI, powerful CLI and one-click installation
- Scale as you go - handle spikes in traffic, and scale down when idle
- Active community - contribute and belong
Our Official eBook: Serverless For Everyone Else
In Serverless For Everyone Else, you'll gain a working knowledge of the value and use-cases of serverless functions. You'll then build your own with Node.js and learn how to secure and monitor them. Learn directly from the OpenFaaS Founder.
Training course from the LinuxFoundation: Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes
This training course "Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes" written by the project founder and commissioned by the LinuxFoundation provides an overview of what you need to know to build functions and operate OpenFaaS on public cloud.
Training course: Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes
Self-paced workshop written by the community on GitHub
You may also like to try the self-paced workshop on GitHub written by the OpenFaaS community
Browse the workshop
Support & getting help¶
- Contact us for support - Learn about OpenFaaS Pro features and our commercial services
- OpenFaaS Blog - read latest news and tutorials
Become a Sponsor¶
How is OpenFaaS funded?
OpenFaaS is free and open-source. As an end-user, supporter or commercial company, you can become a sponsor and get unique benefits, whilst also supporting the project and community.
You can access exclusive updates, discounts, news and tutorials through the The Treasure Trove Portal with over 80 updates from the OpenFaaS Founder going back to 2019.
Pictured: API gateway portal - designed for ease of use
Deploy OpenFaaS to Kubernetes, OpenShift, or faasd deployment guides
- Meet faasd. Look Ma’ No Kubernetes!
- OpenFaaS Cloud + Linkerd: A Secure, Multi-Tenant Serverless Platform
- Getting Beyond FaaS: The PLONK Stack for Kubernetes Developers
- Digital Transformation of Vision Banco Paraguay with Serverless Functions @ KubeCon late-2018
- Introducing "faas" - Cool Hacks Keynote at Dockercon 2017
OpenFaaS has a thriving community of Open Source contributors and users.
Have you written a blog about OpenFaaS? Send a Pull Request to the community page below.
Users of OpenFaaS¶
OpenFaaS is written in Golang and contributions are welcomed from end-users and the community. It could mean providing feedback through testing features, proposing enhancements, or getting involved with the maintenance of almost to 40 projects.
- View the contributing page
If you would like to contribute to the documentation site or find out more check out the docs repo.
Example of a Grafana dashboards linked to OpenFaaS showing auto-scaling live in action: here
An alternative community dashboard is available here
OpenFaaS is hosted by OpenFaaS Ltd (registration: 11076587), a company which also offers commercial services, homepage sponsorships, and support. OpenFaaS ® is a registered trademark in England and Wales.