OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple¶
OpenFaaS® makes it easy for developers to deploy event-driven functions and microservices to Kubernetes without repetitive, boiler-plate coding. Package your code or an existing binary in a Docker image to get a highly scalable endpoint with auto-scaling and metrics.
- Ease of use through UI portal and one-click install
- Write functions in any language for Linux or Windows and package in Docker/OCI image format
- Portable - runs on existing hardware or public/private cloud with Kubernetes or containerd
- CLI available with YAML format for templating and defining functions
- Auto-scales as demand increases
OpenFaaS users can subscribe to a weekly Community Newsletter called Insiders Updates, to keep up to date with new features, bug fixes, events, tutorials and security patches. Insiders Updates are written by the project founder and distributed via GitHub Sponsors.
OpenFaaS is hosted by OpenFaaS Ltd (registration: 11076587), a company which also offers commercial services, homepage sponsorships, and support. OpenFaaS ® is a registered trademark in England and Wales.
Support for OpenFaaS¶
In addition to the core Open Source projects, OpenFaaS Ltd offers:
- commercial support and enterprise add-ons such as OpenFaaS PRO
- training and consulting services for Cloud and Kubernetes for end-users
Users of OpenFaaS¶
Get started with OpenFaaS¶
Official blog and documentation¶
Support & getting help¶
- Cloud Native Consulting - get hands-on expert help with your cloud, Kubernetes and OpenFaaS migration and projects
- Commercial support - a subscription service from OpenFaaS Ltd
- Join Slack - run by community volunteers
New: Training course from the LinuxFoundation: Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes
This training course "Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes" written by the project founder and commissioned by the LinuxFoundation provides an overview of what you need to know to build functions and operate OpenFaaS on public cloud.
Training course: Introduction to Serverless on Kubernetes
Self-paced workshop written by the community on GitHub
You may also like to try the self-paced workshop on GitHub written by the OpenFaaS community
Browse the workshop
If you wish to arrange a training session for your team, or a consultation, feel free to contact OpenFaaS Ltd
Pictured: API gateway portal - designed for ease of use
Deploy OpenFaaS to Kubernetes, OpenShift, or faasd deployment guides
- Meet faasd. Look Ma’ No Kubernetes!
- OpenFaaS Cloud + Linkerd: A Secure, Multi-Tenant Serverless Platform
- Getting Beyond FaaS: The PLONK Stack for Kubernetes Developers
- Digital Transformation of Vision Banco Paraguay with Serverless Functions @ KubeCon late-2018
- Introducing "faas" - Cool Hacks Keynote at Dockercon 2017
OpenFaaS has a thriving community of Open Source contributors and users.
- Find out more on the community page and join the Slack workspace
Have you written a blog about OpenFaaS? Send a Pull Request to the community page below.
If you'd like to join OpenFaaS community Slack channel to chat with contributors or get some help - then fill out the Google Forms page
OpenFaaS is written in Golang and contributions are welcomed from end-users and the community. It could mean providing feedback through testing features, proposing enhancements, or getting involved with the maintenance of almost to 40 projects.
- View the contributing page
If you would like to contribute to the documentation site or find out more check out the docs repo.
Example of a Grafana dashboards linked to OpenFaaS showing auto-scaling live in action: here
An alternative community dashboard is available here