OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple¶
OpenFaaS® makes it easy for developers to deploy event-driven functions and microservices to Kubernetes without repetitive, boiler-plate coding. Package your code or an existing binary in a Docker image to get a highly scalable endpoint with auto-scaling and metrics.
- Open source functions framework - run functions on any cloud without fear of lock-in
- Write functions in any language and package them in Docker/OCI-format containers
- Easy to use - built-in UI, powerful CLI and one-click installation
- Scale as you go - handle spikes in traffic, and scale down when idle
- Active community - contribute and belong
- Community Edition for developers, Pro edition & support for production
Start out with one of the options from our self-service training range:
Or go ahead and deploy OpenFaaS straight to Kubernetes/OpenShift or to a VM using faasd:
Pictured: API gateway portal - designed for ease of use
- Meet faasd. Look Ma’ No Kubernetes! 2020
- Getting Beyond FaaS: The PLONK Stack for Kubernetes Developers 2019
- Serverless Beyond the Hype - Alex Ellis - GOTO 2018
- How LivePerson is Tailoring its Conversational Platform Using OpenFaaS - Simon Pelczer 2019
- Digital Transformation of Vision Banco Paraguay with Serverless Functions @ KubeCon 2018
- Introducing "faas" - Cool Hacks Keynote at Dockercon 2017
OpenFaaS has a thriving community of Open Source contributors and users.
Going to production¶
Do we need the Community Edition or Pro?
The OpenFaaS Community Edition is suitable for developers. OpenFaaS Pro is built for use in production.
Have you written a blog post or given a talk?¶
Have you written a blog about OpenFaaS? Send a Pull Request to the community page below.
Become a Sponsor¶
How is OpenFaaS funded?
OpenFaaS is free and open-source. As an end-user, supporter or commercial company, you can become a sponsor and get unique benefits, whilst also supporting the project and community.
You can access exclusive updates, discounts, news and tutorials through the The Treasure Trove Portal with over 80 updates from the OpenFaaS Founder going back to 2019.
OpenFaaS is written in Golang and contributions are welcomed from end-users and the community. It could mean providing feedback through testing features, proposing enhancements, or getting involved with the maintenance of almost to 40 projects.
- View the contributing page
If you would like to contribute to the documentation site or find out more check out the docs repo.
OpenFaaS is hosted by OpenFaaS Ltd (registration: 11076587), a company which also offers commercial services, homepage sponsorships, and support. OpenFaaS ® is a registered trademark in England and Wales.